We are actively recruiting a dynamic, motivated individual to join our growing land team as a Land and Development Associate/Manager.
In this role you will source and analyse new development opportunities and actively manage one project from legal acquisition through planning to practical completion. You will have ownership over projects and the ability to grow within the role. To source and analyse new development opportunities you will:
- Seek development opportunities by liaising with land agents or approaching existing residents or landowners
- Brief and manage a team of consultants to review the technical and planning risk involved in the development to ensure effective due diligence and to inform key decisions on scheme design
- Undertake detailed financial appraisals to determine a project’s viability
- Review construction challenges in detail and work with consultants to propose technical solutions
- Negotiate legal purchase contracts with solicitors and landowners efficiently
- Write concise business plans and reports which evaluate the development opportunity on the basis of key risks and opportunities business plan for the acquisition
- Present potential development opportunities to the company’s management team
- Research relevant planning history and policies to determine the feasibility of potential development schemes
- Review property title and legal information for covenants which may restrict development
- Investigate local comparable sales data to ascertain likely sales values for the proposed scheme
- Liaise with key stakeholders including any existing residents to ensure that stakeholders’ concerns have been considered
In addition to sourcing new development opportunities, you will also be involved in the delivery of one live project from legal acquisition through planning to completion. This will involve managing a team of consultants as the project’s main point-of-contact and making key decisions to meet or adapt the project’s strategic business plan. Finally, you will be involved in advancing the company’s strategic goals by researching and implementing key objectives, for example improving the sustainability of all our developments.
While the above outlines the main tasks involved in the role, please note that from time to time you may be required to perform other development-related tasks which are not included in the above description and where necessary, training will be given.
We will offer
- Permanent role
- Company share scheme
- Salary dependent on experience
- Regular socials and evenings out
- Half a day-off on your birthday
- The role will be based in our office in Central London but with 1-2 days per week work-from-home once suitably trained
The ideal applicant will have/be:
- Highly motivated
- 2-5 years experience in residential property development
- Knowledge of construction and planning policy
- Experience with financial modelling
- Desire to work at Fruition Properties
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Basic knowledge of airspace development
- Experience with MS Project and Argus is preferable
How to apply
- Complete a short application form here.
- Send your CV via email to the Fruition Properties Land Team.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis.
- Applicants are required to hold the relevant visas/work permits to work in the UK.
- Please also note that due to the large volume of applications, we are unfortunately only able to contact candidates that meet the requirements above.